My (virtual) life is my message. - Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mini-Tribute To Marilyn

Marilyn Monroe was more than a pretty face, she was known for some insightful and touching statements.  I read her biography years ago, and what I remember taking out of the experience was surprise that this woman, who so often played the "dumb blonde" was actually full of observations about her chosen lot.  She recognized that her career choice had made her a commodity, but she accepted it as the price she paid to "be wonderful."

You can find some great Marilyn Monroe quotes online, but my favorite quote by her is about how she wasn't in the spotlight for the glittering trappings that accompanied the red carpet, she was there because she was made to shine.

I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.

~Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment